Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
After sleeping on it, my team doesn't look so bad to me. Plus, I know what I have to do. Just like in baseball. 2020 was a strange covid year in baseball and football. So it was hard to draft 18 rounds, because these NFL teams really don't know yet either. No preseason in 2020 and so far most NFL teams have not used their starters in preseason yet. Now this last preseason week, we are suppose to see some starters. I think my best bet is to wait and see what happens in NFL this last preseason week and also first couple weeks of regular season. Just as covid threw baseball way off at start of 2021 season, it is throwing football way off at start of 2021 season. All because 2020 was not much in Pros and no minor league baseball in 2020, no NFL preseason in 2020, and college football was way off in covid 2020. So that leaves too many unknown factors going into Fantasy Drafts in August. September might showcase players none of us drafted, and still in Free Agent Pool. Covid did throw everything off with cardboard fans, limited play, and young players in baseball minors or football college lost a year. Just as baseball is now seeing the young guys come along, NFL will have new stars rising also. As they rise, our rosters will fill out.

I feel by Week 2 or 3 of NFL season we will have a better handle on who we did well on drafting, who we did bad on, which undrafted free agents are the new NFL stars. For now, my picks look OK, and I can go into wait and see mode. My 3 QBs, I really have no idea which one has the best 2021, Allen stands out, but it's hard to catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row, as Fantasy Owners have told me in past. Lawrence or Tua could put up better numbers in Florida than Allen in Buffalo. Same with my double down on Defense ad Kickers. I know I have to make some moves to get more pass catchers, but it is too early for me to make any moves. I need more, because after all this covid, I don't know and really the NFL doesn't know. Build it and they will come, New players still in Free Agency Mode will have a chance to put up numbers once teams start playing for real.

I think I could make one Free Agency move AFTER they play this last preseason week. I'm thinking one of my last RB picks for a Pass Catcher WR or TE. So I now have some preseason to follow on which RB to drop, and which pass catcher to add. That one move may be all I need until we get some regular season played.

I'll add covid is the unknown factor on Bengals also. Bengals may have a better team than we know. I think 2019 Super Bowl Chiefs and Super Bowl Tom Brady had an advantage to teams like Bengals having no preseason in 2020. Once things get back to more normal, we could see a changing of the guard in The NFL, and BENGALS may just be one of the Tough New Young Teams on The Rise. Tampa went with old guys like Raiders use to, but that Window Of Opportunity slams shut real fast on teams that build with old guys as Tampa did. I saw that Window slam on Raiders too many times, and throw them right back into fast total rebuild. Bengals Youth Movement could produce a good team for years to come.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-27-2021, 07:51 AM