Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
Yahoo does not agree with me lining up a team of starters who had around 10 points or more in first week, and it goes against Yahoo projected points for week 2. Still, I think their projections are based on last year, and this is a whole new year. So Yahoo has me scoring the fewest points in week 2 to go 0-2 on season. Still, after Yahoo saying that I had the worst Draft, and after my week one loss, I did add some players who did have good Week Ones, and they are starting for me. I may go 0-2, I may have a slow start, but I will build a team that has the hottest players This Year that I can get. I was offered some trades for my best players, and that I won't do. In a draft as long as ours was, there are players that I drafted in late rounds of questionable ability, and players who actually had good Week Ones easily took their roster spots for me. Yahoo may be correct, and I may get clobbered and go to 0-2, but I will week by week put together the most competitive team in 2021 that I can, not going on what Yahoo projects. but what players are actually doing on the field.

So my team is not set in stone. I am trying to build a good team in first few weeks. I may indeed start slow, but I will not be trading off by best players. Because I drafted at 2, my waiver spot started at 11. I am now down to 5. This means soon it will be my turn to grab a top free agent. So even if I do start 0-2, I will not be trading my best players, but instead replacing my worst players as my time to get a top waiver free agent is coming soon. I will make a good team out of what I have, it just may take me a few weeks of grabbing players on the rise in 2021. I am in no way ready to trade my best players to teams just because I lost in week one. I don't quit, and I never scuttle my best players to other teams, I will put my best team out there up to last week of season.

I don't blame people trying to trade their worst players for good players like in trading baseball cards. It happens in all Fantasy Leagues. I don't blame them trying to get something for nothing in trades, it's just that I'm not doing it. Now a fair trade is different, but over the years in Fantasy, I've been offered very few fair trades of a swap of good players. Mostly it is somebody thinking they can trade their worst players for somebody's best players, and NO, I'm trying to get some wins also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 09-16-2021, 10:29 AM