Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(11-06-2021, 12:48 AM)kevin Wrote: In losing Henry to IR, I had to make RB moves in what we have of Free Agency.  The pickings were slim. I did not want to waste a Waiver spot on any of them.  So after Wednesday waivers the pickings were even more slim.  So I took a Raven RB that has been getting carries. Then I took Bell after bye week in case Ravens work him in more and a Ravens RB who got carries early in season.  So yes, 3 Ravens RBs in hopes one of them gets some carries.  This done early Wednesday morning after waivers had ended.  Not really the 3 that I had wanted.  So after a few hours I reconsidered. The 2 Tampa RBs are doing better than Bell or the last Ravens RB that I took. Jones and Bernard were just better add ons, and maybe there because of Tampa bye week.  Bell has done nothing so far and Williams does little. So I dumped those 2 Ravens, also with Murray coming back to Ravens.  I added Tampa Jones and Bernard who do more, and if Fournette would get injured, they would get even more action, but they are putting up good Free Agent numbers now.  The Tampa bye week matters little, since Henry is probably out for the season.  I may get some help in Barkley maybe not back yet, because I have Giants back-up getting playing time.  I also have Denvers top rookie pick RB.  

Now none of these replace Henry, but I'm doing what I can due to his injury.  Yes, the Free Agent list is limited, but RB's are always hard to get in season no matter what Fantasy League I've been in over the years.  I'm willing to play by any rules and I have no problems how this League is structured. Had Henry NOT went on IR, I would have not been scrambling to add RBs.  So I did add a Raven RB Freeman putting up good weeks lately, and 2 Super Bowl Tampa RBs Ron Jones and Gio Bernard putting up good numbers.  None of them are first round draft picks, but there are no first round draft pick RBs in Free Agency. With Henry injured, I made some moves and feel I added the 3 best RBs that were left in free agency as of Wednesday. 

I do have a #3 waiver spot still, so IF an NFL RB breaks out in free agency, I am sandbagging that waiver spot for any good RBs that start to have a good second half of season in free agency.   LeVon Bell name does not make up for the fact he has done little lately, and neither has Ty Williams, so I quickly decided the 2 Tampa RBs on Bye Week would be better adds than Ravens bottom of the bucket RBs, At This Time.  I could add that LeMar Jackson does much of Ravens running, and that is not the case with Tom Brady of Tampa.

Again, Henry getting injured forced moves of desperation.   But I don't Quit.  I'm trying to win some weeks, without Henry. This is how it should be, because when people QUIT in Fantasy Leagues, they hand out easy Wins that ruin it for others in The League.

I wasn't knocking you, but rather laughing at the state of our league. Go look at my transaction history and you'll see me making similar moves on RBs. I think multiples teams have had Bell, Williams, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-06-2021, 01:48 AM