Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(06-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

Expanding to a 14 team league with 2 divisions of 7.

Limit the scoring positions. Last year we just had too many (IMO)

2 "double header" weeks

Keeper Supplemental draft

let me know if you have any ideas to spice it up

I'm all for Expansion to let in  2 more Bengal Fans to play, and the waiting list to join this League calls for it. 

However more teams call for less players per team.  Our draft went at least 2 rounds too long last year.  Longer than any normal NFL Fantasy Draft.  

I don't care if we have a TE spot or not.  More and more, many teams are only using the TE as a Blocker, even on passes.  So I'm not sure there are 14 pass catching TE's in the NFL.  So The TE / WR is good.  There are more pass catching WR's than TE's.  

So I humbly suggest letting in 2 more players for a 14 team League, but dumping the last 2 rounds of the Draft because it was too long for a 12 Team League.  We don't need 2 positions of TE/WR.  One is plenty.  We could dump a WR spot.  I forget how many WR/RB spots we had.  

Add 2 Players. 

Cut back the amount of players on Teams, thus cutting out the extra 2 Rounds of Draft we had.  We had one to many WR/ TE spots so drop one of those.  Then drop either a WR/ RB spot or a WR spot.   

That sounds good to me.  2 more Teams, but 2 less players on each team, and therefore a needed shorter draft.  I would say this would help free agency, but with 2 more teams, it won't help free agency, but it will help to field 2 more League teams.  

I have no problem with Keepers in The Draft, except it's not very fair to the 2 New Teams who have no 2021 players to keep.  Doesn't ESPN or YAHOO or whatever we are in have a List on NON TRADE PLAYERS we get Locked in on.  If so, adding more may be a problem.  Nothing like having injured players who are on the No Drop, No Trade List.  

I don't care about Keepers, either way is OK by me...However I am for adding 2 New Teams, but THAT certainly means we have to cut down the size of our teams and draft rounds by 2 players at the very least.  Our teams carry too many players, as you already said in saying maybe less players on each team.  At least 2 less players per team is needed if you are going to add 2 new teams.  Plus we all kind of agreed that last years draft was endless.  2 round too long, at least. 

I've went long on this typing as I think on it. Let me end by saying the best thing for the 2 New Team Added is for the rest of us to not have as many players as in 2021 when we carried huge rosters. So at least 2 less players per team. However I like TE/ WR because there just aren't many Kelce's out there. A good TE is worth having, but many NFL Teams in 2021 stopped passing to the TE going for blocking, and that kind of forces TE / WR. There just isn't that many TE's who get the ball that much anymore. I'm not sure there are 14 good TE's. Maybe 7, not 14. They get no Fantasy Points for Blocking, and that is the Fantasy problem. There are some great Blocking TE's, however they do our Fantasy Teams no good. So I like WR / TE as opposed to just TE. People are still going to draft Kelce. ....Just that we don't need so many WR/TE and One spot like this is plenty as we make room for 2 New Teams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-19-2022, 07:12 PM