Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(06-24-2022, 03:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Also to League Manager :   Besides adding 2 players, you have asked us about cutting down size of teams or roster spots.  I am for it because we are adding 2 more teams.  I'll try to explain why.

I went on a site a fellow member just posted and I saw our 2021 rosters.  18 Players plus an IL spot makes 19 for each team.  

Then I did a Yahoo Mock Draft of a 14 team league.  15 Players plus 1 IL makes 16.

So we are running 3 players per team over an average Yahoo Fantasy League, and that was with 12 teams.  

Now Yahoo Regular has a TE, we had a WR/TE, that evens out.

Where we go over is we carried a WR / RB and 2 of WR/ RB / TE.   Regular Yahoo only carries one WR/ RB / TE.

We also go over on Bench.  We carried 7 Bench Players.  Regular Yahoo has 6 Bench Players.

So here is my suggestion to help in adding 2 more teams and still having a Free Agent Pool worth anything when teams have major injuries, so that it all isn't just about Draft Day.  To free up players for 2 new teams,  I'll suggest not the 18 we Draft or the 15 regular Yahoo Draft, but 16.   That is 2 players less per team than last year and 1 more player than regular Yahoo Fantasy.

I think the easiest way to reach a 16 round draft is eliminate one of two WR / RB / TE spots or keep both of them and eliminate WR / RB which Yahoo doesn't have as a position.  Also eliminate one of the Bench spots and carry 6 instead of 7 as regular Yahoo Fantasy does.  

WHY ? :  Because adding 2 teams creates a need for 30 more players drafted Yahoo way, and 36 more players drafted our way.  The math doesn't add up because our Free Agency Pool was weak anyway due to 18 player teams plus an IL spot.  

So last year we carried in a 12 team league 216 players not including IL.   This year in a 14 team league we will carry 252 players not including IL.   Basic Math shows that 216 to 252 is a major increase.  HOWEVER cutting back 2 players per team shows we are only increasing from 216 players to 224 players.  We save our Free Agency Pool a little, and we are still One More Player per team than the average Yahoo League.  Simply by Eliminating either WR / RB or one of the two WR/ RB / TE spots.  Also Eliminating one of the Bench Spots.   We would still have One more Starting Player Each than regular Yahoo Fantasy, and the same 6 player Bench as Yahoo Fantasy.  Plus the IL.  

So you have mentioned adding 2 new teams and maybe cutting down the size of our teams.  I agree and the Math proves you to be correct.  If we go from 216 to 252 players, any team with an injury might as well quit in mid season, because there isn't going to be much left in Free Agency.   If each of us reduce by 2 players each, we only go up from 216 players to 224, and that ain't bad.

So I repeat that I was all for the 2 new teams.
I agree that reducing team sizes is needed and we were all 3 players more than regular Yahoo
So I am willing to give up 2 roster spots to help add the new teams and help the League as a whole.
I really don't care on TE, but I like WR/TE simply because many NFL teams are throwing less to the TE, more as blockers.

I know this went long, but it's hard to explain all this in a one sentence sound bite.  I could say to add teams we must reduce team rosters, but that doesn't explain the WHY or give any suggestion HOW.  By dumping one starting spot and one bench spot, we save Free Agency, and anybody getting injuries is going to be glad we saved Free Agency. We don't need an 18 round draft, 16 rounds would be plenty. Regular Yahoo only has 15 rounds, do a Mock Draft and see. If we jump from a 216 player league to 252 players, there will be nothing but garbage in Free Agency, and that is bad for all 14 teams.  Going from 216 to 224 players isn't so bad, and we save Free Agent Pool, which injuries are going to force a need for.
For the new members who don't "Speak Kevin" yet:

He's in favor of 14 teams, a TE/WR flex, and 15 round draft.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-24-2022, 05:48 PM