Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(07-27-2022, 04:18 AM)kevin Wrote: It should be very simple. One Keeper loses you your first Round. Two Keeps loses you your first 2 rounds.  Which is why some people would be better off not to have a Keeper.  That is just Basic in any Fantasy League.

However I will play by any rules people come up with.  I suggested that if 2 teams added maybe we could reduce the amount of rounds we draft.  However I really don't care how many rounds we draft.  I will play by whatever rules we use.  

I do think it would be complicated to say you drafted Chase in the 5th round last year, so if you KEEP HIM, it should only cost you a 5th round pick this year.  That is pure nonsense, and I don't think you could set such all over the place confusion up in the Yahoo Draft if you wanted to.   Yahoo, ESPN, CBS have it so you can have KEEPER LEAGUES but you Lose your First Round Pick or also 2nd Round if you KEEP TWO.   That is just basic.  If you want to KEEP a Chase, nobody cares where you drafted him last year,  KEEPING him becomes your First Round Pick this year.  It's that simple.

I can already say that if we have KEEPERS, I might KEEP just ONE or none at all.  I will NOT give up both my First AND Second Round Picks.  I can Draft with or Without Keepers. I take it for granted that who we Keep or not will be Optional per each team. Of course the 2 new teams won't have anybody to Keep, but they might be better off Drafting in Round One anyway.  The problem with Keepers is that Lightning never strikes twice in the same place in a new Fantasy Season. Last years big Points players are often not Next Years big points scorers.

Again, I will play by any rules that are set.  I'm just happy to be in the league.

GO BENGALS.

One thing I know. With this being a Bengals League, I can forget getting Burrow to Chase or Higgins.  I can forget getting Mixon or McPherson. They will all go off the boards fast in a Bengals League.  That is OK, there are 31 other NFL teams to choose from. I would just as soon not draft Steelers, Ravens or Browns, but I will if I have to, since Bengals Top Players are going to fly off the board.

I'll say I don't really like keepers, I think part of the charm of fantasy is the clean slate every year. 

When you introduce keepers and somebody got lucky and drafted two guys going in the top 10 this year and get to keep them for a 6th and 7th round pick then your basically already behind that team before the draft even starts. Just unfun in my opinion.

As you said though I'll roll with anything but I'm firmly in the no keeper camp if we end up voting on it. 

(07-27-2022, 10:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I await bfine confirmation for how keepers work in this league.   Mellow

It's almost like you don't trust me  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-27-2022, 10:21 AM