Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-30-2022, 11:47 AM)kevin Wrote: Before the Draft there was a problem with the new D Player position on Yahoo.  Yahoo at first showed no D Players to draft.  Then Yahoo did, but the players had no points as in Zero.  So The League Manager has been fixing the NEW D Player position in our Bengals League.  He has it pretty good now and weeks before Regular Season.  

I myself do not see a need for a Re-Draft just over this D Player Position.  My main reason for this is there are only 14 of us.  If anybody is unhappy with the D Player they have, all they would have to do is go to PLAYERS and D Players available in Free Agency.  According to Yahoo Lists, most of the TOP D Players on the boards are still out there to be added to a team.  Hence, there is no reason for a re-draft over D Players since Free Agency is Full of TOP D Players.  I would suggest people click on 2021 player stats or 2022 season projected stats and CLICK ON FANTSY POINTS.   It will show the Top Fantasy Points D Players on down.  Many of the Top ones still are not on any of our teams.  

Now I'm not posting this to be argumentative. You and me get along fine on here Tecmo. You did great winning with Kupp and Chase last year and I bet you have a few tricks up your sleeve this year.  As for me Yahoo says I had a good draft, but we all know that is nonsense.  THE SEASON will show who had a good draft.  Plus the draft is just part of it, game and season adjustments play into it.  In Baseball, Football, Basketball Fantasy, I have seen teams that draft and never do anything else, and of course those teams finish last as if they dropped out and quit. Now Tecmo, you won last year because you make weekly adjustments, so do I. You are good at it in your weekly adjustments to where you won this league last year, so you will be tough to beat this year. I think we all had a pretty good draft, so lets not go through that again. Let's move on to playing the season. Really, these D Player Changes will not hurt anybody who has drafted. If anybody now feels they drafted the wrong D Player, there are a ton of D Players in Free Agency who are great in Fantasy Points that anybody could add on this very second without needing another draft of all positions and players. The last I checked, there was a great Panthers D Player and 2 great Steelers D Players who put up huge Fantasy Points per Yahoo Lists now, plus many others still in Free Agency to add with one Click. . So no need for another draft.

Again, I think The League Manager did a good job, and one problem was Yahoo did not have points for a D Player Position before we drafted. Yahoo showed no D Player points for 2021 and Yahoo projected no D Player points for 2022. Now Yahoo does because our League Manager fixed it. - The League Manager caught this and corrected it before season started. Otherwise we would all have a D Player who gets zero points at years end. I think the League Manager fixed the Yahoo problem and did a good job on this new D Player Position before season starts. I say lets give this D Player a chance to work, and I think it is going to turn out to be a fun addition. Then next season it will go even more smoothly, once we do it the first season.

For those looking Free Agent, the D Line or LB Sacks monsters top the Fantasy points lists. However if some DB steps up in NFL with Interceptions and even some Pock 6 TD's and even some Sacks, TFLs, Fumbles, that type of DB like a Ronnie Lott or Ken Riley type will put up huge points. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on Free Agency all year, because THE BEST D Players may still be in Free Agency undrafted. Some team that uses the Safety Blitz a lot, but same Safety also gets a ton of Picks could be a Monster in D Points. If Deion Sanders was still playing, he was good for a lot of Pick 6's, so was Bengals Lemar Parrish.

Yor last paragraph sums up my thinking on this…
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-30-2022, 02:45 PM