Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
It's obvious that many if not most of you have never used IDP in a fantasy format. A Pro Bowl type defender should be projected anywhere from 8-15 points per week, but if they have a huge game with a TD, they can score upwards of 20 plus points. We're only using 14 defensive players per week in this league. That means that there are about 20 other Pro Bowl type of defenders available at any given time. So, redrafting because of that is ridiculous.

When I look at the reigning defensive rookie of the year being projected for less than three points....well, that's just laughable. You guys were in such a hurry to make a change, any change, that you dropped the ball. Those defensive players should have been ranked in with the offensive players during the draft. They weren't because defensive scoring rules weren't yet established. There are defensive players that ARE ranked within the top 100 players. Honestly, I don't understand why we aren't using standard fantasy defensive scoring. It would make it so much easier on the league and team managers.

I will reiterate for those in the back saying that they drafted their IDP accordingly, we don't need a re-draft. Hell, three of my picks were auto draft because I lost my Wi-Fi. All were terrible picks. If anyone would want a re-draft it would be me, but I don't think we need to do that. There are currently about 20 Pro Bowl caliber defensive players available in free agency. We're only using 14!! Some leagues have as many as 5 defensive positions per week included with the offensive players. Obviously, that would thin the defensive pool and, in that case, it would make a difference. We're only using 14 defensive players per week, total. Every team in this league should have a stud defensive player on their roster and if that player gets injured it should be easy to replace that player. We're only starting 14 IDPs!!

At this point with the IDP being hamstrung by the scoring system, the IDP scoring position isn't going to matter unless that player scores a TD. I'm not trying to come off as cocky here. I'm hoping to help some of ya'll better understand how this is supposed to work.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-31-2022, 03:29 PM