Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(10-16-2022, 01:16 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I honestly thought people would think I was getting fleeced taking too much risk on maybes with Pickens and Hopkins.

I just saw my team for what it was, a 90 points a week squad and figured I'd take a shot on some high upside WRs.

I think it's a trade that can benefit both of us which I guess is what you want a trade to be.

It's not an overly one-sided trade. I think the QBs are a wash. The RBs are both splitting time so another wash, at the moment. An injury to Jones would change things. CEH is still getting most of the redzone touches in KC but it's obvious Andy is fishing for something else from his RBs at the moment.

As I mentioned, it's the WRs that sway this trade in one direction. Basically, two number ones for one number one WR but Hopkins is almost equivalent to having two number ones when healthy. Pickens is up and coming, probably the best WR in Pitt.

Russ is learning a system that took AR a season and a half to master. It's a proven system but it's a complicated one. That's why Russ and the Broncos have been struggling offensively. That sort of caps Suttons value, temporarily. Pickens will be growing and learning with a rookie QB. He's gonna have a breakout type of year but a rookie QB is gonna struggle.

The lynchpin of this trade is Hopkins. He is an immediate plug and play target hog touchdown machine when he returns. And, he already has chemistry with KM. It's Hopkins that sways this trade imo. That said, Tecmo's reasoning in his post on the previous page has merit. 

Good luck on both sides. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 10-16-2022, 10:47 AM