Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(12-13-2022, 03:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This sounds super duper advanced. Auction draft? Hows it work? Is it like Fanduel?

I've never used Fanduel.

Auction drafts are fun, but definitely a completely different experience than a snake draft.

1.) The computer will assign everyone a random draft order.

2. ) When it is your turn, you don't pick your player but instead nominate a player for auction - you can pick any player. It can be a stud like Mahomes, our beloved Joe Burrow, fantasy irrelevant players such as the Bengals Trent WRs, or even the starting kicker of the Seahawks. It can be any player in the NFL. You have no idea of knowing which player is going to get nominated. It makes the strategy of when to nominate a player and the auction draft fun.

3.) After a player is nominated the intense and quick auctioning begins. You'll have $200 pretend money to spend. You can only imagine what happens when a player such as Joe Burrow or Jamar Chase gets nominated in a Bengals fantasy league; the bidding goes up quickly! I bet Burrow would go for $55 to $85 dollars. So if you land Burrow for that, you're down to $120 to $150ish dollars for the rest of your auction and roster building.

4.) You'll see people employ different strategies:
  • Some owners burn through their dollars quickly to secure three to four top players. When they do that, they typically have to watch most of the auction draft and wait for left over players that nobody else bid on; you can then land such players for a value of $1.00. This can lead to gems once in awhile. For example, I bet Perine would have gone for $1.00. He's had good games this year justifying the $1.00 cost.
  • Other owners might try and spread their money to have a balanced approach of spending $10 to $25 for a starting player. If you are patient in an auction and other people blow through their money quickly, you might find yourself later getting a bargain like Lamar Jackson at a price of only $8.00.
  • Some owners horde their money and exercise big time patience. I've seen this work where they then controlled the middle period of an auction to get a stacked team, but I've also seen it backfire where people wait too long and then have to spend like $50 on a mid-tier RB just because they needed to spend some auction money.
I tend to be an early spender and then have to patiently wait and fill out a few roster spots with leftover players at a low cost.

Let me know if you have questions. It's a lot of fun!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-14-2022, 10:11 AM