Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
After Super Bowl and media is raving how Mahomes was NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP. I had him and I had one of the worst Fantasy seasons ever. So having the MVP everything QB doesn't mean much in Fantasy. Tecmo won last year with using whatever QB's he could pick up in free agency, but he had those WR's. In our League, you need those team #1 WRs that get thrown many passes, or Kelce. Most QB's can give you QB points, but there are only 32 team #1 WR's and our 10 teams grab them fast. The #2 or #3 WR's have too many games of few passes their way.

So as everybody in media hypes Mahomes as MVP everything, In this Fantasy it would have been better to have Jefferson of Vikings getting thrown the ball a lot. Or better to have Kelce of Chiefs over Mahomes. I had all MVP everything Mahomes and I had one of longest longest losing streaks this league has ever had. I also took Barkley #1 and year before Henry and had Bills Allen. In this league, I now see the #1 pick better be a WR like Jefferson or Chase or Kelce who get a ton of passes every week. The WR's who only get a few passes are no help. I have had a top RB and a top QB, but the WR's who get few passes each week are last place in this league. Better to have a Jefferson type than Mahomes or Allen or Chubb or Henry. There are not many like Jefferson who get a ton of passes every week, so they go fast in Round 1.

Mahomes may be all everything, but my last place team had him. He isn't even worth a top 3 pick in this league where you need a ton of WR points. Jefferson would have been this leagues MVP this year. I saw that with Tecmo winning with Chase and Kupp last year. Still I took a RB and a QB in my top 3 picks. That works in some fantasy leagues, but not this one so heavy on WR positions, top picks better be #1 teams receivers.

Same with baseball league I've been in. Teams with all hitting finish last place. I do well with Pitching Win guys, but the ones who do great have Pitching Wins and also Saves Pitchers and hitting not so much. And this football league is slanted to needing Jefferson a hundred times more than Mahomes.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 02-13-2023, 04:35 AM