Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(02-14-2023, 05:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, is it better to take WRs or QBs in the first round?

I've had Allen and then Mahomes. To get them I had to pass over top pass catchers. I've learned the hard way that in This League, we are pass catcher heavy on line-ups, and you can't get any wins without the top pass catchers.  Players do win without Allen or Mahomes.  Tecmo perfect example. He had top pass catchers year he won, but was scrapping free agency as he won for any QB he could find. Shows that pass catchers in this league need taken in the early rounds. In some leagues Allen or Mahomes is a good early pick, but not in this league.  

I mention this after Super Bowl because Mahomes was MVP of season and Super Bowl.  However I had Mahomes and lost every week. I would have gladly traded Mahomes for Jefferson or Chase, but nobody is going to make that trade. Mahoms is not an MVP in this league, the pass catchers are. Somebody like Jefferson who gets all the Vikings passes and the other Vikings get few passes, that makes Jefferson an MVP type in this league. Those guys that get most of the passes on a team, those are the top round picks in this league.   Took me a couple years, but I see that now.  You can have Allen or Mahomes and finish dead last in this league. I also had Henry and Barkley at RB in 2 years of early picks. They weren't worth passing over early round pass catchers for. Once those early round pass catchers are gone in the draft, that's it. Our Free Agency will be no help.

I also took Deebo Samuel who got a lot of running yards in 2021, but not 2022 because 49ers added top RB's. So that was probably another mistake I made, looking at a WR's rushing yards, and not just going with pass catching only. So my first picks of Barkley, Samuel and Mahomes were awful picks. They are OK in the NFL, but not in this Bengals Fantasy League. I bombed out completely on my top 3 picks. Like in chess, you learn from losing, and I have a ton of losing in this league to learn from. My first picks were awful. MVP Mahomes included. I think I may have added a top RB besides Barkley early, to really blow my draft up. I blew it in passing over too many top pass catchers, which you need in this league to avoid Last Place that I ended up in. I drafted poorly, and I deserved every bit of Last Place.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 02-18-2023, 10:39 AM