Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(02-18-2023, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having Mahomes and Barkley worked out pretty well for you. A QB like him can put up consistently good numbers. The top WRs are great to have but there's only a few of those guys to go around. I had Jefferson this year and he put up points for me. 

If you look at the draft, your first 4 picks were really solid. Barkley, Samuel, Mahomes, Montgomery. Samuel prob got you less points this year due to the number of offensive weapons the 49ers have, but he was a good pick. What really hurt your team was picks 5-9. Renfrow, Thielen, Mac Jone, Claypool and Robert Quinn. There's a lot of luck involved in FF drafting and you had nothing but bad luck with those picks. Take Johnny Cupcakes for example. He won the whole thing and his top 3 picks were Ekeler, Hill and Andrews. Home runs. But his next 3 picks were Antonio Gibson, Amari Cooper and Lamar Jackson. While Gibson and Cooper were hot/cold week to week, Jackson put up some solid numbers while he was healthy. Then his next 3 picks were Mooney, Schultz and Rhamandre Stevenson. Again, 3 really solid picks, no reaches. Stevenson was a real steal for round 9. 

If you look at my draft--i finished right in the middle--i took way too many chances on boom or bust players. My top 3 picks were Jefferson, Elliott and Keenan Allen. Elliott was a real reach and it didn't help that Pollard did so well this year. Keenan Allen got hurt, that's where the luck comes in. My next 3 picks were Michael Thomas, Tom Brady and Myles Garrett. Thomas was a real risk with his injury history and it really bit me in the butt. Brady has a history of putting up good numbers...until i took him this year and i have no idea why i took a defensive player that early. As it turned out, defensive guys were a waste of a spot. Then my next 3 were Cordarrelle Patterson, Michael Carter and Kirk Cousins. Patterson was risky pick, Carter was just a "meh" pick at that time and taking a backup QB that early was dumb. 

Drafting is always a crap shoot and is mostly luck, due to injures and just the possiblity of a guy having an off year. A person's strategy is also dependent on where they draft. With how late you drafted, you didn't really have a shot at any of the elite WRs and if you would have and you would have taken Cooper Kupp, you would have been in a world of hurtin' anyway. 

Well, you know what they say..."there's always next year". lol

You did NOT join this League Cat loser!  Lmaooooooo
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 03-15-2023, 10:53 AM