Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(07-23-2023, 02:05 PM)kevin Wrote: I have no problem with 1 or 2 Keepers.  I've been in baseball leagues of 2 Keepers.  

In my case, I doubt I would give up a Pick One to keep Barkley.  Not sure if I drafted Mahomes 2 or 3, I'll try to find where last years drafts are in system.  I would not Keep both and then struggle to get pass catchers.   I see Barkley going fast in mock drafts, but he was a mistake by me last year so early in draft, as was Deebo Samuel who 49ers didn't use as much as in 2021.   I was not going to Keep Mahomes either, but since I can't get a Jefferson or Chase type, maybe lock in my QB as Mahomes and build around that.  If it turns out I took him in 3 and only have to give up a 2,  even better.  I need to pull up last years draft, wherever that is. 

OK, Mahomes was a 3 so I would have to give up a 2, but not bad, I still get a Pick One.  I see the RB Wilson for 49ers and Dolphins last year was a pick 14, and maybe worth a pick 13.  He put up OK fantasy points, and only got traded because 49ers added McCaffrey in mid season. I might need a pick 13 RB, and Wilson at 13 as a Keeper not bad. He had big weeks at Miami in Fantasy Points for a Pick 13 Keeper...So maybe I Keep Mahomes in Round 2 and RB- Wilson in Round 13.  It gives me plenty of room to draft other needs besides a starting QB and a back up RB.  I could have a Round One, then Mahomes, then 3 to 12, then RB-Wilson, then rest of draft.  Not bad, and I put Barkley back in draft pool, and I get a Round One Pick.  Sounds like a plan.  Keep Mahomes and still have a Round One, and build a team around Mahomes as a Round 2 Keeper. Some weeks Wilson gave me more points than Barkley, not bad for a Round 13 Keeper as opposed to a Round 1 Keeper.

I have no problem with League Manager having ONE or TWO Keepers per team.   I think I can still build a better team than the sorry, stinking, lousy, record losing streak team that I put together last year.  I'm still on the record breaking losing streak until I get a Win in 2023.  Some of you guys goals are play-offs, but my first goal is to end one of longest losing streaks in this leagues history.  I had too many players pretty much take the whole season off, what a flop Renfro for Raiders was for me after so tough against Bengals in 2021.  Theilan of Vikings was a flop.  One of my biggest flops was Deebo Samuel, who I took in round 2.   No pass catchers ended up in no wins.

Yea not the end of the world, always liked fresh starts but can roll either way.

(07-23-2023, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have the team Rfaulk had last year; he was just babysitting for you. 

I'm pretty sure it was called Made You Cry, but not 100% sure. If someone can verify I'll give you the roster. 

Pretty sure you're right on that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-23-2023, 05:33 PM