Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(07-25-2023, 11:00 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: If the last few years are any indication we may be in trouble with that one  Hilarious

On a serious note, would suck to lose active people because of a couple injuries or a bad draft.

Only because asked, " Thoughts ". 

I never gave up last year.  I started OK, but then had a losing streak. Some of those losses were be just a few points.  So the idea that if you finish in the last 2 spots you are kicked out of the league is getting kicked when you are down.  Anybody can have a bad season. Some of the best from last year and most popular on here can have a bad season this year and get the boot, and I mean anybody on here.   

So I kind of liked the League Manager making it 14 teams last year.  I'm not for going back to 12, and whoever finishes last gets kicked out of the league.  14 was good, and I'd like to see the League Manager have a team. 

Now if someone just drafts and then walks away and doesn't do anything but draft and as an absentee manager ends in last, I can see removing them. I have seen people in baseball and football fantasy who do Draft Day and nothing else and it's pretty obvious, and people who do that in leagues should get removed the next season.  However my warning to everybody on here is that anybody on here can have a bad season and get kicked out of the league next year, so be careful what you wish for.   

I liked the 14 teams league manager came up with last year.  This year I have no problem with Keepers or No Keepers.   I agree with Bob Jones though on not kicking people out if they have a bad season.  Anybody on here could have a bad season.  There is LUCK involved.  Now if somebody only does Draft Day and the clearly does nothing else all season, thus having line-ups of bye week players or injured players while people who could start for points are on bench.  I see in different leagues people who do Draft Day and that is all they do, and of course those type last place teams need weeded out.  I can say that last year I was trying to win, and came close many weeks.  You lose by a couple points here and there, and BOOM, you got a bad season.  It could happen to anybody on here. 

So my thoughts :  Keep the 14 teams as league manager came up with last year.  I thought that was good. ....Keepers or No Keepers, either is OK.....but I'm not for kicking out the 2 teams that finish last, unless a team manager clearly only does The Draft and then doesn't play the game all season, just Drafts and walks away. 

My THOUGHTS.....but it ain't up to me....Just my input on Thoughts.....I thought League Manager came up with good stuff last year in 14 teams, and his maybe around 2 Keepers ain't bad either.  I don't want to see the League Manager not have a team, I want him to have a shot at winning this thing.  I think him going to 14 teams last year was good.  In 2021, I was doing good until Henry got injured, and in 2022, I started OK, but I had many pass catchers injured and some very close losses.  One season was 12 teams, one season was 14 teams.  2 extra teams had nothing to do with my team injuries, nor did it change the free agent pool that much.  So 14 teams and the League Manager in playing trying to win.  

Another Thought.  Some kidding cast insults at the League Manager.  I never have.  Now when he asks for people's thoughts before season, I'll give mine.   But my Thought is that the League Manager does a great job with this, but you can't please everybody.  It's why I stopped doing DJ music for clubs, you please most, but somebody is always going to say you didn't play enough old rock, or enough old country, or enough new country, or enough rap, or enough Motown, so 99 % are happy, but to please 100 % is just impossible......So I just want to say that I think the League Manager does a great job, and we have benefited by being in this Bengals League thanks to him. 

and as always....GO BENGALS....2 years in a row coming close to Super Bowl win,  close with Super Bowl Champ Rams and then close with Super Bowl Champ Chiefs.  Bengals could win it all this year.  GO BENGALS. 

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-26-2023, 02:02 AM