Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-09-2023, 02:25 PM)kevin Wrote: There are a couple good Tight Ends in NFL, but not 14.  I like the WR/TE option you've used.  Let's a person use a WR, but sometimes a TE gets hot in free agency worth putting in there. 

As for Defensive Player.  After so few points last year, I was going to do as some did and not even carry a defensive player.  

Maybe no TE position but no D Player position either, and just add an extra starting position OR an extra bench depth spot.  Due to injuries and bye weeks, a bench depth spot would be more helpful than the low scoring D Player not even worth drafting.  Then that spot would vary because one person might want to carry a bye week QB, another person might want a bye week Defense, or a bye week Running Back or a bye week WR or TE.  So not all of the 14 teams would draft the same type injury or bye week depth 

Or no TE, and no D Player and keep roster as you have them without adding one more roster spot.  D Player was a good idea, but I don't know how you are going to make it more relevant and worth drafting.  

OK, let me make up something.  People won't like this, but I'm just tinkering with an idea here.  D PLAYER :  1 point per tackle.  3 points per sack. 3 points per interception. 3 points per fumble recovery. 4 points per safety.  6 points per touchdown by the D Player.....OR for more points, make it 2 points per tackle.  So if a player makes 7 tackles, that is 14 points PLUS if he does any of these other things he gets more points.  That would make D Player very relevant.  This also makes it so all D positions can score, not just pass rushers. .....OR just don't have a D Player position. .....So on scoring I pulled out of my wazzo, Lets say Bengals Hendrickson has 6 tackles and 2 sacks. 12 points for tackles and 6 points for sacks, so an 18 point day, and those are relevant points.  Lets say a DB for somebody has 5 tackles and 1 interception, that is 13 points and relevant.  Of course scoring should be 6 points, but D players don't score that often. Let's say Hendrickson has a Monster Day. 8 tackles, 3 sacks, a safety and a fumble recovery for a touchdown.  16 points for tackles. 9 points for sacks. 4 points for safety. 3 points for fumble recovery, 6 points for TD.   So Henderson would get 37 points for such a Monster Day. But lets say somebody has a LB or DB that has 7 tackles, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery and a TD.  14 points for the tackles, 3 for interception, 3 for fumble recovery, 6 for TD,  That is 26 points for an LB or DB Monster Day....and now D Player has points that are relevant.  However our D Players will not have days like this every week, but they should put up more points than our scoring system last year where they put up no points,

Whatever you come up with is fine.  If it is like last year, I will do like others and not even carry a D Player.  I think you need points per tackle to accumulate any points on this.  Now some might say if a D Player has a monster day he might score 30 or 40 points.  Well, WR's and RB's on a monster day can score 30 or 40, even a Kicker or a Defense, so why not a D Player ?  If the D Player can only score a few points a game, why even bother with it.

Are your fingers sore, bro?   Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2023, 04:55 PM