Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-10-2023, 03:46 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This scoring system is fairly close, actually. An average day for the IDP should score between 12-20 on average, with a monster, monster day approaching 40 points. That is how one makes the IDP a relevant fantasy position. It should roughly be equivalent to what one might get out of an RB or WR. In a 14-team format every team should be able to roster a fantasy relevant defender. 

and I'm suggesting to LM to have points per tackle. 1 or 2 points.   Then of course have points for sacks, interceptions, fumble recoveries, touchdowns by D Player.  LM says he is looking at ways to make the D Player points more, then the simplest tweak is for the LM to click on Points Per Tackle and add some Tackle points.  Tackles happen far more and a D Player TD is very rare. .....So much so, that without Tackle points it will again be pointless to carry a low scoring D Player. 

Of course however LM wants to do it is fine.  He did say he didn't want a TE, but was looking at how to up the D Player Points....and I suggest adding 1 or 2points per Tackle, and that Tweak would make D Player points more significant, no matter a D Line or LB or DB. 

Last year, some didn't even carry a D Player since the points scored were so few. I'm all for LM raising the points a D Player can get. Adding Points per Tackle would be simple enough. The LM is saying D player points last year were not enough, and he would like to increase D Player points. I am suggesting Points Per Tackle added, which would be be a simple tweak. 1 or 2 points per tackle would at least get most D Players off of zero points, and give members more reason to carry a D Player. The scoring for D Player was not good last year, LM has already said he wants to increase D Player Points So sacks and interceptions and D TD's are few, but D Players make 5 to 10 tackles a game, so Points Per Tackle is quick way to increase D Player Points.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-10-2023, 08:52 PM