Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-05-2016, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This may be a bit late to propose a rule change for our league, but here goes.  I would like to propose that we make things a bit more interesting by adding or subtracting from a players scoring total, based on weather the team the player plays for won or lost.  For example, + or - 3pts for an offensive skill player, depending if their team won or lost, and +/- 6pts for the defense/ST if said team wins or loses.

What do you think?  Great idea?  Or, STFU SunsetBengal!!
I really, really dislike this idea. The Eli Manning 6 TD touchdown game gets a -3 and the Saints D gets +6(!) for winning? Ridiculous. It would also make players that play for bad teams drop in value. Allen Robinson becomes much less enticing even though he deserves to be a top WR. There is no way the Ravens defense deserves a -6 point swing in the opener against Denver. The defense played extremely well.  
(08-05-2016, 09:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Im working on creating another board member league and there are still spots open. Let me know if you're interested.
I'd be down if I can't participate in this one. 
(08-05-2016, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see your point.  But, would also like to point out that every player on one's fantasy football team, is trying to help their team to win the game they are actually playing.

I see what both of you are saying, but if it's a Monday night game and I'm down a few points while starting Brown, I maaaay root a bit more for the Steelers. And nobody wants that. 

Also, all of the players are indeed trying to help their team win, and some of them don't play well enough and their team picks up the slack. Why would they deserve +3 points? On the flip side, should Larry Fitzgerald get a -3 for his super bowl performance? Sometimes a WR balling TF out isn't enough to pick up the rest of the slack. That doesn't mean he should be penalized. Football wins and loses are decided by the team as a whole more than any other sport, but fantasy is a game of individuals so it doesn't really work. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-06-2016, 09:51 PM