Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-18-2016, 02:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I meant to type boat.

If both players have a value of RD 8, the only logical thing that could be applied across the board is make one of them the value of the next higher round. Your situation is different with 2 8th RD picks, but that should not change the standardized practice.

Say for instance my keepers are Ryan Matthew (drafted in the 9th RD last year) and Mo Sanu (drafted in the 13th). Both have an 8th RD value, so if I want both I have to lose the next higher RD (7th) as 8th round is the lowest we can surrender.

So you lose your 8th and 7th, but keep the 8th you got in the trade.

I thought I was being quite transparent.

You said David Johnson had a 7th round value and that was the basis for your first post when he doesn't he has an 8th round value it's only by circumstance that it would cost me a 7th to keep him.

We're heading into the 2nd year in this league so I'm not sure what you're basing the standardized practice on. Whatever it is it shouldn't trump sound logic. As far as I could tell the only rule set in stone was that if you claim a player that was picked up from the waiver wire it would cost you and 8th round pick. That includes Johnson and Carr. Just like in your case it would include Mo and Matthews. The difference in the scenarios is I have 2 8th round picks and you don't. No we are not in the same boat.

If that's the way it is I suppose I have to accept it cause you're assistant to the commissioner but I believe your logic is shoddy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-18-2016, 03:51 PM