Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
Being that it's a free league I personally would vote against trades going on during the draft.

I think simplicity is key with these types of leagues. Getting ten people who are willing to actually participate in the draft, and set their lineup every week, can be a struggle. It can be tough to get a somewhat even level of owner activity as well (waiver claims, trades made, lineup adjustments).

So I think if it gets too convoluted then it will just become too much work for some (especially the commish). Note: Props to Bfine for doing everything he has thus far. That had to take a decent amount of time, and I appreciate his efforts in relaying everything to all of us as well.

If we were to allow for trades during the draft the clock would have to be set at a minimum of 5 minutes a pick. That's a big difference in time. Let's just say with the longer clock, on average we use just a half of minute to a minute longer than had we stayed with a 2 minute time. There's going to be 150 + picks. You're talking 75-150 more minutes. 1.25 to 2.5 more hours.

So yeah, +1 vote for against draft day trades. I think the fact we've managed to install keepers is already quite an accomplishment for a free, somewhat annonymous league. Let's quit while we're ahead.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-24-2016, 02:11 AM