Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-27-2017, 11:15 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think our defense and kicking game become the big surprises and story in 2017. I see our defense jumping into the top 5 to top 10 range.

I didn't even mention the defense, but I agree  ThumbsUp

While I loved Peko, I think him being gone finally allows Billings to step-up and make some noise from the NT position, and we know what we have in Atkins, but I also think that pressure from the inside, along with our talented rotation of ends, including the rookies, Willis and Lawson, allows our defense to just be nasty.  

I think our pass rush being a force allows our young secondary to really step into their own and become playmakers, and I think third down will be the opposing quarterback's nightmare because we'll bring in another one of our ends, slide them inside, and take Billings off the field, which will make our pass rush that much more dangerous.  I don't think Jones will be an ever down corner as I think we'll save him for punt returns, but he'll still get some PT and WJIII, Shaw, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard all have big years.

Our defense gets overlooked, but I agree that they could be very good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye - BFritz21 - 05-27-2017, 05:22 PM