Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-29-2017, 06:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This year we will most definitely find out, once and for all, if Paul Alexander is as good an OL coach as all the folks give him credit for.  It'll come as no surprise to most of you that I'm a bit of a doubter, when it comes to Paul Alexander.  I've always thought that he was overrated.  However, I feel like the Right side will be OK with Andre at RG and Fisher at RT, so we will truly see what Alexander's coaching ability can do with Ogbuehi starting at LT.

I'm with you, but I don't really think PA takes all of the blame, unless you want to blame him for standing on the table during the 2015 draft for the 2 tackles.  

From what I've seen from these two, they've done little to nothing to show that they can play tackle in the NFL.  They, as you have said in the past, look absolutely nothing like what we've come to know as a Bengals OT for almost the last 2 decades.  Fisher's reputation as being serviceable largely lives off of the fact that Ogbuehi got significant playing time before he did and was an abject failure. He gets by because he's not Cedric.  Otherwise, he's proven very little.  

My only hope for these two is that playing OT in the NFL is a major step up from college, and that they are capable of major improvement in the offseason.  

I'll blame PA more for drafting these guys than I will for failing to develop them if they don't pan out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye - samhain - 05-29-2017, 09:08 PM