Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati"
Alex Smith being three above Dalton really irks me personally.
And the reasoning doesn't help.
Alex Smith has never had more than 3502 passing yards in a season in the 11 seasons he's played, Dalton has had three seasons better than that in just the six seasons he's played.
Alex Smith has never had more than 23 TD passes in a season in 11 seasons, Dalton has had three seasons with more than that out of six seasons.
Alex Smith has been in the league five more years and only has 5650 more passing yards and 12 more passing TDs. Dalton has five more rushing TDs than Smith, so that differential in TDs drops to just seven.

Also, the point they try to make about how Smith has led his team to steady win streaks can also be said for Dalton. Both are the same type of player, but Dalton is better.
And they make a point about Dalton needing a strong supporting cast to succeed but don't mention the same about Smith, which I find odd.
I honestly believe that the only reason Smith is rated higher than Dalton is because of his team's two playoff wins (which were primarily because of a strong defense and focus on the running game).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati" - ochocincos - 06-07-2017, 01:22 PM