Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Best Reds Player Ever?
(10-21-2017, 08:04 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The tenacity that Rose played the game has to put him in the top of any All-Time sports mention.

I'm going to add this "unseen" stat to his resume.

If you watched him play most every game... you would know that Pete would swing and make contact with just about any pitch.

In doing so he would wear pitchers out because they would have to throw so many just to him.

I don't really like Rose as a person he comes across as a prick to me (and that was before the scandal).

Barry Larkin would have to be my favorite because he was an excellent player and likeable personality as well.

I worked on Larkin's house when he lived in Amberly Village.  The guy you would think he is is the guy he is.  And he looked smaller than I thought he would.  Not short but lean and slender.  And down to earth and real.  He lived in a pink house that had a full sized basketball court in it.  He bought four lots so nobody could build around him.  He tipped everybody on my crew--six of us, if I remember right, a C note.  I loved watching him play more than maybe anybody ever.  He glided.  He moved like water.  He was also an outstanding football player and a damn good basketball player too.  Poetry in motion.  Sorry to get off topic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the Best Reds Player Ever? - McC - 10-21-2017, 11:33 AM