Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in Odd Numbered Years under Lewis
(06-20-2017, 10:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Great points. Can't forgot that Marv completely overrode Paul Guenther when he wanted to make some personnel changes last year either. Also, Brat used to call the plays, but Marv told him what types of plays to run as evidenced by 2009 Hard Knocks (there was a short clip where Marv told Brat to call three run plays up the middle). 

Yep.  That's what I was talking about exactly.   Just seems too simplistic, and offense is not really Marvin's forte.

You'll see what we're talking about at some point next season, I'm sure... But I hope it doesn't come to that, of course. In that patriots game we just got straight up beat by a far superior team. There was nothing about that game where the playcalling or schemes were the issue. 

If this is Fred I'll let you have this until your ban is up. If this profile is still active after, I'll eat some crow (but I'll remain skeptical) .

Fred is a notorious pot-stirrer who constantly went against what the masses generally agreed with here. Just to stir up some drama. He's a legitimate contrarian who I believe is a troll looking to get a rise out of folks. You didn't do that. obviously. But you did interpret a direct quote from Marv as something other than what he obviously meant and went out of your way to defend him... That's Fred to a T.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals in Odd Numbered Years under Lewis - 3wt - 06-21-2017, 01:10 PM