Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
(06-22-2017, 02:37 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Fair enough. But what does salary cap have to do with a head coach? I don't get that part tbh. My point was firing a coach does not guarantee success. 

My point with the salary cap was only that when Dusty was fired, the Reds had to accept that they would lose Cueto and Latos and Chapman to bigger contracts from big market teams. So, they had to sell those players for prospects. Bryan Price didn't inherit a complete team fresh off the playoffs, there were pieces that were missing and being taken away. In football, that doesn't happen, coach goes but the team is gutted usually for prospects unless the new coach wants to do so. That was all I meant with the salary cap comparison. Cross sports it is hard to compare when the factors aren't the same.

However, you are correct that a new coach does not guarantee success, but keeping the same guy who has never managed to win kinda points to a lack of success as well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - Murdock2420 - 06-22-2017, 03:13 PM