Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
(06-22-2017, 03:43 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Marvin may not be the best coach, but he'd be hard to replace.

I still have nightmares about the lost 90's

I've been on that bandwagon all along, but I'm starting to have my doubts that we can't replace him with a better coach.

It's true that Mike Brown has said that Marvin has had more influence and ability to make changes than any other coach, but the dude is 81 now and can't have the energy or even want to run things as much anymore.

Marvin is an old-school coach in his thinking about the game, which is more of a ground-and-pound and play defense, which is still applicable in some ways in the division, but it's a more offense-oriented league now.  

In that same line of thinking, he's not creative enough in his game-planning and he's not a "go out and win the game" type coach, which is what we need.

Lastly, the lack of respect the players have for him causes major discipline problems, which is a major downfall of this team and caused the loss of our last playoff game (Hill's fumble and then Jones' personal foul, which it would have been a lot harder to hit a field goal from 50 yards instead of 35 after the penalty).

I also think that the players don't get pumped-up to play for him like players of other teams do.  How often do you see a pre-game speech of his that gets players jacked-up to go out there and put their lives on the line to win the game?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - BFritz21 - 06-22-2017, 04:39 PM