Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
(06-22-2017, 02:09 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: No he isnt. If Mike Brown is anything he is predictable,  and firing a winning head coach is just not something he is going to do. Also, this fallacy argument that firing marvin is going to magically get us a playoff win is absurd. Ask the reds how that one works

Who the hell is saying that? Us rational thinkers realize that Marvin isn't the one to get us a playoff win (let alone a super bowl) so we're ready to move on and take a chance on someone else. What is the point of sticking with something that doesn't work? And another thing, we are nothing like the Reds. The Bengals are pretty stacked with talent, the Reds? Not so much. I think just about anyone can come in here and win with the talent on this roster (aside from Jeff Fisher or the Ryan brothers), it's just a matter of can they get us over the hump or not. And guess what? Marvin has proven he can't. It's broken, and it's beyond time to try and fix it. 

Back on topic, now I'm nervous. I want the team to do well, but for the future of this franchise Marvin has got to go if this team is to ever win a super bowl. If we get to the playoffs and the team (by some insane miracle) gets us that elusive playoff win, I'm sure Marvin will be extended (regardless of how the rest of the postseason unfolds).

One playoff win is not enough to warrant an extension IMO. The team has to play with fire in the postseason and Primetime games this season. They have to show some balls and not wilt under the lights. If they do that, then sure, by all means extend Marv for another year...

But I'd bet just about anything that won't happen. Marvin will not win a playoff game, I'm calling it right now (and honestly, I hope I'm wrong but Marvin never proves me wrong). I guarantee if we merely make the playoffs again Marvin will be extended... Hell even if we don't make the playoffs I could see ol Mikey Boy extending him.

I'd say, the odds of us having a different head coach next year are less than 25%. Marvin is going nowhere unless he quits or "retires"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - Pat5775 - 06-22-2017, 06:47 PM