Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
(06-22-2017, 07:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm not a huge fan of Hue either. I like him, I think he'll do good things for the Browns but... We could do better. I really liked Vance Joseph, it's a real shame that Denver snagged him before we could. 

Realistically, if Marvin were to go, sounds like Guenther would be next in line. I'm not so sure how I'd feel about that. Maybe if Marv had let him make the personnel changes he wants to last year, we'd all have a better idea of what Guenther has as far as football IQ  Whatever

The more I think about this, I don't think Guenther would do too terribly, because I don't doubt his defensive IQ.  Considering the personnel team already in place, I don't think the team would have any problem identifying talent.  Guenther probably would be good to great at developing defensive talent.  I'm not sure if Marvin is missing some intangible as a coach that leads to discplined players who play confidently in the big games or if Guenther would be any better at that, but I feel like Guenther would be a guy who could get the team playing with aggression and belief.  But I will openly admit that it's only my own speculation based on Guenther's "appearance" on the sideline.  Which could be completely wrong.  I would probably prefer an attacking offensive coach to take the offense to another level, but that definitely doesn't seem to be in-house.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - masterpanthera_t - 06-22-2017, 07:56 PM