Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
My response to what the players said: Meh. Not much here, just typical player speak about team, winning, etc. They know better than to put their results on their coach.

My response to Marv's current situation: Prove it. Marv had to deal with a horrible kicking game a year ago that single-handedly lost two games and lead to another tie. He has dealt with unfortunate injuries at key positions and inopportune times. So has every other coach. Not just the NFL, but virtually every job is "what have you done for me lately"? He has been given all the tools to go deep in to the playoffs and potentially win it all. The Bengals didn't have to give him this opportunity. I was very excited at the proposed "transition plan" to Hue Jackson, who I was 100% behind as our coach of the future. However, the Browns overwhelmed him and wouldn't let him leave without a contract. Good for them. I applaud that dedication. It screwed the Bengals, and the answer was not to throw it to someone from outside or a guy like Paulie G before he was ready.

Marv was the option that gave us the best chance to win this year, historical record in the postseason notwithstanding.

Personally, I love Marv for what he has done for this organization. I also hate his conservative nature and his inability to manage the clock. Hurry up looks like a middle school team that has never tried it before. Drives me nuts.

In the end, I feel he deserves this last shot at the big one. Paulie will likely take over next year, regardless of the result.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - SHRacerX - 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM