Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
You know..IF the Bengals go on to win the super bowl this year and stomp every opponent into the ground under their cleats all the arguments about Marvin not being up to the job will be mute. The simple fact of the matter is that everyone stinks up until the point that they don't. I have never made the assumption that Marvin is incapable of taking the team all the way.  Its simply not all on any one individual. On every single play of every snap there's always 22 players on the field and any number of coaches and assistant coaches. There are just too many moving parts to a team to blame success or failure on one person. You can use the argument that the buck stops there, but without your best players playing their best it's tough to pin it all on the guy in charge of hiring and firing. There's just so many intangible factors that nobody can reliably predict from day to day and there's also such things as referee biases and league interference and perceived bias towards certain teams and markets. 
In a perfect world none of the alleged biases and cheating would ever take place, but having the suspicious mind that I have I wouldn't be surprised to find out just how much of certain teams success is because there are no laws prohibiting the league from fixing the outcomes of games and championships. 
If you put all of that into the equation, cheating, league bias, market share, MONEY, etc., is it even possible that any coach could make this team win any championship?  These are unanswerable questions because we can't find the answers. 
Ok..I'm rattling on now..    
There is a possibility that Marvin has been playing against a stacked deck the entire time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - grampahol - 06-24-2017, 06:03 PM