Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
My dream scenario was that Marvin was moved upstairs, and Zimmer was HC. That didn't happen, obviously. That said, I don't think we can put the blame for all those playoff games on Marvin. After the Carson exit, we had rookies Dalton and Green, and it was basically overperforming that those teams even got to the playoffs. Then there was the season where injuries were so bad we were using the 4th string running back as a slot receiver. Did anyone really expect to win with all those injuries, it was more like a MASH unit that an NFL roster. In all reality, the two losses to the Texans in 12 and 13 were to be expected. The loss to San Diego was poor coaching and poor performance from players who barely showed up. The loss to the Colts was due to injuries, and the Stealers.... well, Dalton was out, Hill couldn't hold onto the ball, and Jones let the Stealers into his head. So in my mind, Marvin is to blame for 2 losses in the playoffs he should have won. But, that said, if he doesn't get one this year, I don't think he's back at all...... and I'm not even sure he wants to come back. Paulie's time....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - Sled21 - 06-29-2017, 04:12 PM