Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
@SHRacerX -  That isn't how it played out for Marty Shottenheimer, Andy Reid, or John Fox.  And I don't think the fans want to see him beyond this year.  Ticket sales are still important to the organization.  

Who makes their ticket buying decision based on a head coach? They don’t play. And ya, all those guys got fired or were let go…before Marvin :-D Who’s to say?

Re: Hue succession: The Bengals were even quoted as saying it was real.  

Nah. Marvin said it was some kind of conversation but that was only because he had to address it. Trust me, when it comes to how “real” it was – as in, actually sitting down with Mike and drawing up paperworks, etc. – it really wasn’t.

@Whatever
re: Hue

Time will obviously have to tell. He’s not in charge of personnel in Cleveland, at all.

@grampahol - the simple fact of the matter is that everyone stinks up until the point that they don't.

Oh so true. Honestly, Joe Maddon looked terrible as a manager in the World Series. Ned Yost (!) went to two and won one. In football, look at Billick, Vermeil, McCarthy, Gruden, Dungy and Payton. Issues all, before and after they get to their Super Bowls. I can tell you even in their local fan bases, people wonder just how good those guys were in the “magical year.”

Every coach has his flaws. Honestly, if the players make plays in certain instances – regardless of what is viewed as an “improper call” or “poor management” – everyone looks fantastic in the end. That just hasn’t happened for the Bengals since 1990.

@Shady - Although I think we blew it when we let Vance Joseph get away,

The only way to have kept him was to have fired Lewis and promoted Joseph to HC or a fellow assistant who would have had Joseph as his DC. It’s just not that easy.

@ShakeNBlake
we should've never fired Dave Shula

There were SO many other issues there that had nothing to do with football. You’ll see part of that later this week…

We've gone through at least 2 different core groups of players with Marvin Lewis and we've had the same results for going on 15 years now. At some point, you have to start looking at the guy who is not only getting these guys ready, prepared and oversees the game plans, but also is responsible for the drafting of these players

Fair.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - jowczarski - 07-02-2017, 09:06 PM