Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell's contract negotiations...
I'm really surprised the Steelers offered him as much as they did. He would have become the highest paid RB, BY FAR, in the league, which is somewhat out of character for that team. Shows you what I know. The fact that you only hear from him, and not his agent, is pretty telling. My guess is his agent wanted him to accept the offer. It's a risky move on his part, totally dependent on him performing at the highest level and staying healthy for at least this season and possibly next as well...something he hasn't done yet. The Steelers may end up being glad he turned it down.

I believe the one thing he IS being smart about is not signing the tag until right before the season. He technically is not under contract to the team so there isn't all that much to gain by going in now. It's not like hes a rookie that needs the reps. He's been in the offense for what, 3-4 years now? He knows it. And whatever they put in new, he'll pick up easily. Team chemistry? Not a problem...it's a business, many vets would do the same thing (sit out preseason) given the opportunity and he'll be welcomed back with open arms at the end of camp. Why risk some 2nd string lineman rolling over his ankle during camp or a meaningless preseason game.

So after all is said and done, I still say he'll sign the tag (right before the end of TC), the Steelers will run him into the ground, and hes's out of the division next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bell's contract negotiations... - Sled21 - 06-29-2017, 09:31 AM
RE: Bell's contract negotiations... - Dill - 06-30-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: Bell's contract negotiations... - BMK - 07-05-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Bell's contract negotiations... - BMK - 07-05-2017, 04:56 PM
RE: Bell's contract negotiations... - BMK - 07-06-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Bell's contract negotiations... - BMK - 07-21-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Bell's contract negotiations... - BMK - 07-31-2017, 07:40 PM