Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(06-29-2017, 02:55 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady-matt-ryan-ranking-every-nfl-teams-quarterback-situation-185432048.html

I'm not exactly a Dalton homer though I'm far from a hater. But are they serious? They made it sound like the sacks he took last year were all his fault, yet they praise 9th ranked Russell Wilson for making the Seahawks good in a "bad year" and mention his offensive line the worst in the league. They didn't even take into account Dalton was up there in the 2015 MVP talk with Newton and Palmer before his thumb injury. Dalton may not be top ten worthy but he's certainly better than "tied for 18th". Blows my mind how we (mainly, Dalton) never gets any respect.

Rankings like this assume that young guys like Winston, Mariota, Carr, Prescott still have room to grow after coming off an improved and (very) good year. After six seasons, Dalton isn't given that same optimism. He's viewed as being as good as he'll ever get. Just like Joe Flacco also got similar praise that Mariota and Prescott are getting for exceeding expectations, but if you look back at Flacco, he's only just now surpassed 4,000 yards passing in a season and doesn't have a great TD-to-INT ratio. Kaepernick also had the same optimism after 2013-2014 and we know how that turned out. I think Prescott and Mariota especially will be similar to Flacco/Kaepernick and won't improve much from what they've already shown. I do think that Carr should be top 10, but ahead of Roethlisberger or Cam is a bit wishful thinking than truth at this point.

What I don't get is the love for Tyrod Taylor. He's only ever had around 3500 total yards on offense and has been carried by a great run game and solid defense. His ranking even states they expect him to grow by adding more weapons. I honestly don't see it. I think he'll follow the same path Kaepernick did and when all is said and done, Dalton will prove to be better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - ochocincos - 06-29-2017, 03:21 PM