Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(06-30-2017, 12:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I like Stafford, he puts up huge numbers but what has he done? 
Can't stand Newton, but they pretty much made that SB on the backs of their defense. Newton was horrible lastyear. Some may argue he didn't have anyone to throw to but neither did Dalton. Andy pretty much kept this offense competitive lastyear by himself IMO. 
Not to get off topic, but this is kind of like, why is Fouts in the HOF and not Anderson if respect comes from only winning Super Bowls??

You're right, Matt Stafford doesn't have postseason success either. But he's viewed differently because his teams have often suffered from crappy defense and a lack of true playmakers outside of Calvin.

Stafford has about 8,000 more passing yards than Dalton while playing two more seasons, however he missed 19 games his first two years.
Stafford's TD-to-INT ratio is 2.15 whereas Dalton's is 1.75.

It's not like Stafford is projected that much higher than Dalton either. He's around 15 whereas Dalton is 18. So these rankings from people slight Stafford too for lack of postseason success.
But essentially, it will take playoff win(s) to jump Stafford because of the perception of Stafford having less than what Dalton has had to work with and putting up better per-year stats than Dalton on a consistent basis.

Regarding Cam, I shouldn't have lumped Stafford and Cam together. That wasn't my intent to say they are on the same level. Cam's prowess comes from his ability to lead the Panthers to the Super Bowl against Denver after what most people thought would be a disastrous season when Benjamin went down to injury that year. Dalton will need to make the AFC championship game to even be discussed with Cam IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - ochocincos - 06-30-2017, 12:42 PM