Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-01-2017, 11:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why do other folks try to act like Dalton definitely can't be 12-14 to anyone other than a "homer"? 

Btw, I'd be curious to know which QB really can "carry a team" on his own. Even if you just want to classify Brady, Rodgers and Brees as that type of QB, there are only 5 QBs like that at most. I guess that means that most QB's would fall under your "mid-tier" classification, so I guess most of the league has a similar problem (you do make it sound like a problem). 

Fwiw, yes I would take Andy over all of those guys. 

Palmer: Dalton has been better than Palmer for 90% of his career, including last year.
Bradford: Lol just stop. 
Winston: I'll take the guy with only 15 INTs in the last 2 years over the guy with 33. Dalton has been better by just about every statistical measure.
Mariota: Again, Dalton has been better by every just about every statistical measure. While getting sacked at a much higher rate and with a run game that doesn't compare to Tennessee's.
Dak Prescott: Is it really unbelievable to you that people aren't buying Dak stock after 1 season behind the best line in football? We all (at least) saw the Bengals/Cowboys game last year, and it was obvious that Dak benefited greatly from having an eternity to throw the ball and also having a run game that clearly carried the team (Zeke led the league in rushing while Dak was 19th in pass yards).

Why do folks act like it's an insult to agree that Andy falls in the lower teens range.

Your "reasons" any is better than the one's listed sorta jump around:

Andy has a career passer rating of 89.1, Carson has a passer rating of 89.5 during that same timeframe. While CP9 has went over 4,000 4 times and Andy has done it 2 times. Not sure how that equals to 90% of his career

Since getting out of the blackhole of the Rams Sam has done very well at QB, to include better than Andy last year with zero running game and no receivers of note

Jameis' 1st 2 years were much better than Andy's (dude has never thrown for less that 4,000) and the arrow is pointing straight up. I have no doubt you would take Andy over Jamis, just don't be surprised that your line is much shorter and much more Orange and Black than the line that would take Jameis

Not sure what measurable you are using to put Andy above Mariota; as Mariota has a career passer rating of well over 90. I see you pointed to Mariota's running game. Why no mention of his receiving corp?

Not "unbelievable" to me at all that folks are not buying Dak stock; however, is it unbelievable to you that some folks are buying it after he came of the best Rookie season in NFL history? Hell we won't even bring into focus his first palyoff game versus Andy's. 

Point is ranking Andy 18th (the article even says they expect Andy to bounce back) is not an insult and can easily be justified.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - bfine32 - 07-01-2017, 02:58 PM