Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(06-30-2017, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you have Andy above "separated from":

Marcus Mariota
Carson Palmer
Sam Bradford
Jamis Winston
Dak Prescott

Give him a homer rank of 15th. Why do folks get mad when a site rates him late teens? The dude is a mid-tier QB. Too good to replace, not good enough to carry a team.  Folks that say they want to see more from the young QBs were the same folks that were comparing him to Peyton and Brady after 3 years. 

I didn't say I have Andy "separated from" list you gave, you said that.
You told me to give 14 names and then Andy, so I did.

And yes, I'd put Dalton over Bradford.
All the others I would put into the same tier (which I did in a separate thread from a month or so ago).
I'm probably harder on Palmer than most because of so many frustrating memories when he was a Bengal (there were good memories too, not trying to say Palmer was terrible).
The reason I rank Dalton higher than the youngsters is because I want to see more than three years from a QB before I put them ahead of Dalton.
While Dalton hasn't been great, he's been consistent over six years.
Could Mariota, Winston, Prescott, and/or Carr surpass Dalton in my list? Sure they can. But right now I think at least a couple of those young QBs will be in line for some regression. That's why I keep them lower until after Year 3. Wait and See approach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - ochocincos - 07-03-2017, 09:30 AM