Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-03-2017, 01:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Because putting the QB with the 10th best active passer rating at 18th seems a bit much.

2. No they don't.

3. Dalton has had a better passer rating in 4 of the last 6 years. That includes Dalton's rookie season, where Palmer beat him by 0.1 points. So maybe I should've said Dalton has been better 66.7% of the time?

4. Who is "jumping around" again? Even if you just include Bradford's 2 years away from the Rams, he has thrown fewer TDs and more INT's than Dalton in the same amount of games. Dalton had a better rating by a whopping 19.8 points in 2015 and Bradford was better by 7.5 points last year. Even with better talent, Bradford has a losing record as starter (14-15) and hasn't even appeared in a playoff game. So if Dalton has been better over the last 2 years, better for their careers, has more accolades and achievements, and has made the playoffs...why are you picking Bradford?

5. "Much better"? Really? The only big difference I see is bulk yardage. Everything else is similar with Dalton slightly winning some categories and Winston slightly winning others. Dalton had an 83.9 rating while Winston has an 85.2. Adjusting for the fact that passing numbers seem to gradually increase every year, I'd say there's little to no difference there. BTW...this list is about right now, not who you would want 5 years from now, or who was better early in their careeer. You're jumping around more than House of Pain. 

6. Over the same time frame, Dalton has a better passer rating, 1 more total TDs, 4 fewer INTs, 5 fewer fumbles, and 1202 more passing yards. As for receivers, you can do worse than Rishard Matthews, Kendall Wright and Delanie Walker. Just ask Dalton after last year.

7. Depends on how much stock you're buying. It was a fine rookie season (best ever is highly debatable), but he also probably had the easiest scenario for a rookie QB that I've seen since Kaepernick. He had established veteran stars at WR and TE, the league's leading rusher and the best line in the business. We've seen what Dalton is capable of with even 2/3rd's of that. Btw, where is Kaepernick now (a guy I'm sure you and others swore was better than Dalton early on).

Ok. So basically you put every decent QB in the league ahead of Dalton.
Of course I jumped around; it was a mirror of your reply and to show that an argument can be made. You and others can roll with it being disrespectful. Put Right Now in bold all you want and I'd still take Mariota and Winston over Andy right now. If you and others here think that's unfair, drunk, ect....that's on you. I'd be willing to wager you guys would have to call a few more folks unfair or drunk

As to my list: I did not put every decent QB in the league ahead of him. Hell I left off 2 QBs that have won a SB, I left off Tannehill who is younger and coming off a better year. I left off CP9 because I don't like him. I didn't put any rookies on there; although I am eager to see what Tribisky can do in Chicago.

You and others think top 10ish is right, I think late teens in right. All we can doo is look what those that get paid to rate such things place folks for validation of our views.

I'm getting a hoot out of those that are saying we "must wait" to give the young QBs any credit. How quick were those very folks comparing Andy to Peyton and Brady?

As to the top 10 active passer rating. That sounds great. That ties him with Matt Schaub.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - bfine32 - 07-03-2017, 04:16 PM