Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-04-2017, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Sure.

2. You called 15th a "homer rank" in post #18.

3. I'll amend by saying "almost" all decent QBs. Better?

4. Your posting history in regards to Marvin Lewis says you don't think Marvin is a below average Head Coach.

5. Well you should, because I never claimed "excellence" in year 2 with Andy. I defended him and viewed him as adequate with room to grow back then. Never once made a Peyton or Brady comparison. I intentionally steered clear of those and didn't agree with the numbers comparisons. Different era's and passing rules.

6. Agree on Schaub. Taylor and Mariota don't have the required career attempts (1500) to even show up on Pro Football Reference's rankings. I don't have playoff rankings in front of me, but I can tell you that 2 of the QBs on your list (Carr and Winston) haven't even played in a playoff game, and I know from previous Marvin debates with you, that you believe making the playoffs and being terrible > not making the playoffs at all.

1-3 Done

4. Seems I take you at your word; however, the same courtesy is not extended. I have never whined about the National perception of Marvin Lewis. As a matter of fact I only know of one place where he is rated unfairly. Can you guess where that is? I also noticed that you didn't answer my question: Do you think it's fair for coaches with 3 or fewer (seems to be the QB benchmark) seasons be ranked ahead of Marvin or should they have to prove themselves? 

5. As I said: I'll take you at your word.

6. Of course a team that makes it to the playoffs is better than one that is not; however, that has zero to do with individual accomplishments. MTF, the best playoff QB under Marvin Lewis' tenure is AJ McCarron. As to Shuab: I can agree he and Andy are similarly talented QBs and Shaub was all set the be the Raider's starter until a second rounder beat him out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - bfine32 - 07-04-2017, 02:13 PM