Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-04-2017, 05:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4. If I were ranking coaches, I'd probably put Gase and Quinn in an "up and comers" tier. They look great now, but like Chip Kelly, there could be a serious decline after the initial success. Sometimes coaches (and QBs/players) aren't able to sustain that success. I'm not concerned with what you think about posters on this board. I'm more interested in why you value the opinion of experts with regards to Dalton, but the same experts have not swayed your opinion on Marvin through the years.

6. What I'm saying is this: If you replace Dalton on that list with any of the other QB's that played a playoff game for Marvin (Palmer, Kitna, McCarron), any of them would rank dead last, behind Andrew Luck. 

Pitt 15: Ben had a 92.0 rating against a much tougher defense...on the road, in the same conditions. That rating was 23.7 points better than McCarron's. Not sure the rain had much to do with it. Any way you try to slice it or excuse it, a 68.3 passer rating is bad. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe an "expert"?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reportedly-want-at-least-a-first-round-pick-for-backup-aj-mccarron/

Not sure how much Palmer and Kitna's other games prove. Kitna played 1 other playoff game in his first year as starter. You seem to excuse McCarron's performance due to age/experience and if you apply the same standards to Kitna, that game shouldn't count. Palmer has 2 games since he left. One was pretty good, the other was awful. So at least Arian's was able to get something out of him. It's more than Marvin can say after 4 QBs and 7 starts. And that's only touching on the QB's. There's been plenty of team-wide failure.
I've generally agreed with the expert's assessment of Marvin. I'm not sure how much slower I can type that. 

Hell Marvin got a passer rating of over 118 out of Carson; that's something, right? Pretty much anything you say can be countered by something else you said in efforts to pump up Andy and dog Marvin.

Not sure where I ever said AJM's passer rating was good ( I do appreciate that you compared him to seasoned Big Ben), I just said it was 10 points higher than Andy's. Hell if you want to compare their first playoff games, AJ is 16 points higher. What does that say about Andy? Why the hell wouldn't Kitna's and Palmer's games count while playing with other coaches to show the problem might not have been the coach?......Never mind, I know. 

Of all the things that amuse me in this Board; nothing does more so than folks trying to explain/excuse why Andy has absolutely shit the bed in the playoffs. He is 4th of 4 in QBs under Marvin's tenure and he is 15th of 15 in the NFL. Yep, top 10 QB. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - bfine32 - 07-04-2017, 06:22 PM