Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-08-2017, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just not true and I have mentioned such in previous posts. IF I simply used those playoff games as a measuring stick then I would have Eli, Flacco, Kaepernick, and pretty much any other NFL QB that has taken a snap in the playoffs over Andy and despite popular opinion I do not. If there were no such thing as playoffs Andy would arguably be a top 10 QB and Marvin would definitely be a top 10 HC.

Unfortunately you must consider these performances when ranking the players/HC. This is why I have Andy around 17 in the NFL, hell, I could by 16th if it would make folks happier that I placed him in the top 1/2.  The difference is I have Marvin around 19ish as a HC and many around here have him 33rd. Why? Playoff results. 

So using your logic.. first how can you rate a QB that has no or maybe one game playoff results with someone that has multiple games either way.. finally if you are rating playoff results in looking at ranking of QBs.. are you also using making the playoffs in your ranking ??  

Seems to me if you going to rank a QB by how they perform in the playoffs,, I would also include getting to the playoffs in my ranking. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - Essex Johnson - 07-09-2017, 10:24 PM