Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-07-2017, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The entire team has not been bad. There have been some standout performances:

Benson's 168 yard performance in '09

Green-Ellis running for over 5 ypc, Leon's pick 6, Green's 80 yard performance in '12

Marvin's 130 yard performance, Gresh with 68 and a TD, Rey's 12 tackle game in '13

V.Rey with 6 tackles and an FF, the RBs combining for over 10 catches and 100 yards in '14

Green with 71 and a TD, Burfict with 5 tackles, 1 INT, 1 sack, and 1 FF in '15

We've had plenty folks show up; yet some will look to dismiss these to divert blame from the elephant in the room. It's just you're fighting from both sides when your QB and team leader is out there absolutely stinking it up. The fact that we've come close to overcoming these performances 2-3 times is amazing. Some would just look to dimiss these,

I know you and many other want to say it is the fault of a HC with a defensive pedigree that Andy has shit the bed 4 straight times; however, it is not a logic I can buy. The QB has choked; who knows why? In Carson's case I remember reading a study by Carl Jung that explained his personality type would cause him to crash on the big stage; perhaps he needs to study Andy and Mikey come off the dime to pay for a couple sports psychologists. 

Oh, and even though you did not answer my question I will answer yours directly if the above didn't point to it. Any player that played poorly in any game is the fault of the player.

So again I just don't see your logic in your ranking of QB.. and downgrading more with playoff performance... it seems a bit twisted.. if a QB like Andy is getting to the playoffs but not performing well gets dropped for that over say a player that maybe has performed well with stats but say gets to playoffs maybe 1 time out of 5 years.. maybe they even win one game in playoffs ,, it seems that that QB that is getting to the playoffs year after year... is getting there because they have performed well in general in regular season or they would not even be in the playoffs.

I do believe Andy does get knocked back some for his playoff performance as he should.. maybe a couple spots but lets say he had the exact stats and overall win record but only made the playoffs 2 times.. and say was 0-2 in the playoffs would you have him higher in your ranking than you do being 0-4. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - Essex Johnson - 07-09-2017, 10:36 PM