Poll: How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year?
Ignorant Penalties including 'After Whistle Penalties'
Offensive Failure
Defensive Failure
Coaching Errors
Lack of Discipline
Lack of Mental Toughness
Inability To Finish
Two or More Above (Explain)
Other (Explain)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year?
(07-09-2017, 12:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: Skepticism is realistic.....flat out negativity is damaging and unproductive. There is a wide difference in being skeptical as to if we will win a certain game, given circumstances such as injuries, or the other team being on a roll, and flat out negativity believing that something bad will happen before the season even begins.

I truly believe the universe gives you exactly what you ask for. And that is multiplied by the number of people believing the same way. If there are countless fans (both at the game and watching at home) believing in their hearts that the team is going to blow it, guess what usually happens? Ask a browns fan their thoughts after a "snatching a loss out of the jaws of victory game", they will usually admit they were just waiting for their team to find a way to blow it.

So I do believe our negativity has an impact...both in a workings of the universe kind of way, and a player mindset kind of way. It is damaging. Being positive is ALWAYS the better option.

So me believing Marvin will never win a playoff game, that we will lose more often than not to the steelers and will likely crap the bed in Primetime has more to do with my "negative" mindset than Marvins overall head coaching ability. Gotcha, makes perfect sense. Silly me for basing my beliefs on past results. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year? - Pat5775 - 07-09-2017, 01:46 PM