Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-12-2017, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For how many years do Mike and Marvin have to hamstring Dalton's success before you start to think Carson had a reason for being sick to death of playing for a bunch of untouchable failures?  It's just something that we can have a thread where we defend Dalton for having to play for a crappy owner/GM and HC who are never held accountable for their failures, oh but Carson is still a big ol' quitter for wanting out of this mess.

To each his own.  

This own has never blamed Dalton's lack of success in the postseason on Mike Brown.  Has Marv had some lame game plans?  Sure, but I don't even put it on him.  I have always said that their losses have been a function of many variables from poor play to injuries.

Carson is the only player in the modern NFL era that I can think of that got over tens of millions of dollars from a team, and walked out on them during a contract.  So, this is his stance against the poor owner and coach?  Quit?  "Here, son, sit on dad's lap and let me tell you about the time I quit".  I'm sure that would make any kid proud of their dad.
Palmer had a better line and better weapons than Dalton.  He did not have as good a defense.  Should Dalton pout and quit because the Bengals have drafted more talent on the defensive side of the ball instead of drafting great offensive linemen and weapons for him?  Good thing Dalton is more of a team guy that makes no excuses. 

Dalton is more of the Kurt Warner school.  Kurt Warner took two of the worst franchises in NFL history to Super Bowls and won one of them.  He didn't complain about their poor GMs or coaches, he simply worked his ass off and made the team better.  That is a man.  Not a quitter.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - SHRacerX - 07-13-2017, 07:59 AM