Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-15-2017, 11:04 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Sandwich shops do not represent an entire City

There are not only 32 sandwich shops in the world

Sandwich shops are not put on network TV for 20 hours per week, in primetime. 

Sandwich shops are not involved in a 39.6 billion dollar TV deal

And, TaxPayers do not pay for the Sandwich shops

What a horrible example 

Look, I realize the NFL is a monopolistic oligopoly with revenue sharing, salary caps, and other things that make it different than a sandwich shop.  The point is we are rooting for a business.  People inherit and run business as they see fit, not as their employees do, not as their patrons/fans etc. do.

And isn't it a little cruel/presumptuous of you to say that a crappy football team represents the entire city?  Oof.

(07-15-2017, 11:11 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Good point. I've never blamed Carson for wanting out, and I never will. 9/10 times I'd be in the the "Carson is a quitter" club. But he played for Mike Brown's Bengals. And with the Bengals, it's just different.

So many people seem to be under the impression that Carson is the only one to demand a trade from this organization. He's not. He's one of several. He's just the only one who stuck to his guns when he made his "trade me or I retire" demand. If anything, people should be upset with the organization for making yet another player want out, this time a franchise QB. 

The man walked away with tens of millions of $$$ coming his way in the next few years. Does anyone think that was easy? Imagine how bad things were in this organization that the face of the franchise completely lost faith in them. 

Yeah, I can see how when it happened and when he was on the 4-12 Raiders it seemed like he made a big mistake...but here we are 6 years later still complaining about Mike and Marvin and he isn't.  Maybe we should just admit that he is a quitter but he quit on 2 guys we are still complaining about.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - Nately120 - 07-15-2017, 11:17 AM