Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-15-2017, 06:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I hate playing the blame game.

Marvin Lewis has built something in Cincy us fans haven't seen since the late 80s early 90s....a winner. I always see people saying if they fire Marvin Lewis and hire someone new it'll get them over the playoff hump. These people mention the very few coaches who have came right in and won a superbowl...but less face it coaches change every season (odd statistic from Good morning football said something like 16% last season and 14% the year before) and the odds point to them more likely running good teams into the ground like a Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly. Hell if you want to hit closer to home look at what happened to the defense after changing up a few of just the position coaches not even the coordinator.

Myself I absolutely love what Marvin has built in Cincy a family that good players want to apart of and coaches that leave Cincy try to imitate...that's why they resign more of their own draft picks than most of other teams in the league. 

Well don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Marvin brought us out the the shit-storm that was the 90's and I'll always be grateful for that. But it's very obvious that's the best he's ever going to do. He is not going to get us over the hump. So why bother sticking with something that has shown time and time again it won't work? 

Be it poor game planning, lack of poise, poor adjustments, playing scared, playing the wrong personnel, misuse of timeouts, enabling pathetic behavior, taking the pedal of the gas too soon, etc. For some reason (or all reasons) Marvin has shown he is not the man to take us to a super bowl. That should be the ultimate goal IMO. Merely making the playoffs and winning the AFC north every few years, only to fall flat on our faces as soon as wild card weekend starts isn't cute anymore. You cannot be afriad to make a change and you cannot assume it will automatically bring us back to the 90's. 

In order to take that next step we need to find a coach that won't continuously have his team wilt under the pressure of big games. It's beyond time to take a chance on someone else. If it does bring us back to terrible, 90's-like football, so be it. At least the team will have tried to make themselves better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - Pat5775 - 07-16-2017, 02:24 AM