Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-15-2017, 06:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I hate playing the blame game.

Marvin Lewis has built something in Cincy us fans haven't seen since the late 80s early 90s....a winner. I always see people saying if they fire Marvin Lewis and hire someone new it'll get them over the playoff hump. These people mention the very few coaches who have came right in and won a superbowl...but less face it coaches change every season (odd statistic from Good morning football said something like 16% last season and 14% the year before) and the odds point to them more likely running good teams into the ground like a Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly. Hell if you want to hit closer to home look at what happened to the defense after changing up a few of just the position coaches not even the coordinator.

Myself I absolutely love what Marvin has built in Cincy a family that good players want to apart of and coaches that leave Cincy try to imitate...that's why they resign more of their own draft picks than most of other teams in the league. 

Meh, this whole narrative that we are a consistent winner than the rest of the NFL should hold in high regard played a lot better before we won 6 games and missed the playoffs by a mile.  Optimism is all well and good, but you have to admit the bar around here is set pretty low if we are supposed to hold our heads up high and rub our proverbial one-n-done rings in people's faces.

Marvin Lewis is what winning looks like to Bengals fans only...it reminds me of the way 4 straight SB losses only looked like winning to Bills fans.  If you can't win it all, redfine what winning is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - Nately120 - 07-16-2017, 10:59 AM