Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-15-2017, 10:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's all well and good, but you have to admit the one thing you love more than just about everything except your family is a business that is run by a guy who isn't trying to make said business as great as it can be.  Carson Palmer was an employee who didn't feel the organization was trying to win and he wanted to play for one that was.  So be it.  The fact that you think Carson is a piss poor QB is also telling of your sour grapes mentality because he was top 3 at least once in Cincy and he's been top 3 once since he left.  The guy has been an NFL starting QB for over a decade and you can ask the Browns/Texans/Jets etc if those sort of players grow on trees.  

Only in pro sports do people like you and me take to heart the way a business is run.  I can't imagine us rooting for various sandwich shops and taking it personally when they do well, or don't do well, or hire and fire and lose employees.

I disagree with your sentiment about Mr. Brown.  I don't need to supply evidence of why I believe that, but that is my opinion. 

As far as Carson being "Top 3" twice in his career goes, yes, he was.  Early in his career here and late in his career at AZ.  Twice, out of 12 seasons.  I won't call him piss poor, but he sure wasn't playing like a #1 overall draft pick toward the end of his time here.  

He has been a starting QB for three teams now, two of which were loaded with talent and he did well in those instances.  He sucked in Oakland.  Couldn't even match what Jason Campbell did there.  So does that make Palmer great?  Had he gone to one of the teams you mentioned that need a QB (Browns, Texans, Jets), he would have likely been killed with no line and sucked there as well.  

Only in Pro Sports are there CONTRACTS, WHICH 99.9% OF THE REST OF THE LEAGUE PLAYS UNDER UNTIL EITHER RELEASED OR THE CONTRACT ENDS.  But not quitter....he had socked away over $100 million from his employer, which gave him the leverage to piss and moan his way out of town.  

BTW, even though he has two of the worst teams in the NFL in his division (Rams and 49ers), he will suck again this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - SHRacerX - 07-16-2017, 05:06 PM