Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-16-2017, 10:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, this whole narrative that we are a consistent winner than the rest of the NFL should hold in high regard played a lot better before we won 6 games and missed the playoffs by a mile.  Optimism is all well and good, but you have to admit the bar around here is set pretty low if we are supposed to hold our heads up high and rub our proverbial one-n-done rings in people's faces.

Marvin Lewis is what winning looks like to Bengals fans only...it reminds me of the way 4 straight SB losses only looked like winning to Bills fans.  If you can't win it all, redfine what winning is.

Exactly !

Nowhere outside of the Cincinnati area are the Bengals considered a winning franchise ! And not just because of fan bias, it's because we're not a winning franchise.

Every time I start reading a post that has the "made the playoffs blah blah blah" in it I throw up a little bit in my mouth. Yipppeeeeeeee ! We're half a tick higher than all the 8-8 teams. We're the best of the mediocre's !

And they Champion this as a measure of success. ASTONISHING

And how it's not completely crystal clear that Marvin Lewis is not the answer ? BAFFLING
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - bengalfan74 - 07-16-2017, 05:57 PM